Get Better Grades
The Best Secondary School Tuition in Singapore
We have 19,600+ experienced & qualified tutors who specialize in only Secondary School Home Tuition for the following:
- English Secondary Tuition
- Chinese Secondary Tuition
- Maths Secondary Tuition
- Science Secondary Tuition
- Physics Secondary Tuition
- Biology Secondary Tuition
- Chemistry Secondary Tuition
- Geography Secondary Tuition
- History Secondary Tuition
- Literature Secondary Tuition
- Social Studies Secondary Tuition
- Principles of Accounting Secondary Tuition
- Malay Secondary Tuition
- Tamil Secondary Tuition
- GCE O Level Tuition
Prevent Careless Mistakes. Homework Assistance. Exam Preparation & Skills. Thorough Revision
Free Tutor Matching By Get Better Grades
Find Best Secondary School Tuition Teacher
- Request Now, Achieve Higher Scores Sooner
- Receive A List Of 4 To 10 Profiles Of Experienced Tutors ASAP
- Qualified, Committed & Professional Tuition Teachers, Good Reviews By Parents & Students
- Singapore's Biggest Team Of 31,000 Private Tutors - MOE Teachers, Graduated/Undergraduate Tutors with Bachelor's, Master's, PhD In The Subject They Teach
- In-Person/Face-To-Face, Online
- Results Guaranteed
Secondary School Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From Get Better Grades' Secondary School Tuition Teachers
Pick Your Ideal Tutor From Our Database of 34,000+ Experienced Secondary School Tutors
Latest MOE Syllabus And Newest Exam Requirements
Proven Methods To Scoring Well For Each Component Of Secondary School Subjects
Receive A Practical Customized Study Schedule Tailored To Your Learning Styles And Needs
1 To 1 Secondary School Home Tuition Lessons = Devoted Focus And Attention From Your Dedicated Tutor
Fun And Engaging Tuition Lessons That Motivate Students To Learn “Boring” Subjects
Get Clear, Step By Step Explanations Of Concepts For Secondary School Subjects. Master Difficult Content From Every Chapter. No More Homework Frustrations
Learn From Secondary School Tutors In The Comfort, Convenience, And Safety of Your Own Home
Practice Expert Techniques For Responding To Structured And Application Questions. Gain More Marks, Faster
AFFORDABLE TUITION RATES - SECONDARY SCHOOL TUITION
Home Tuition Rates Singapore
Our home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time, and are based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are derived from 45,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications from our pool of 31,000+ active home tutors
Tutors With 2 to 30+ Years of Private Tuition Experience
Tutor Hourly Rates
$30 - $40
$35 - $45
$50 - $70
$30 - $40
$40 - $55
$60 - $90
$40 - $50
$60 - $80
$90 - $120
$40 - $60
$60 - 90
$100 - $120
Challenges Faced By Secondary School Students In Singapore
> Many distractions in school and their social life can cause students to lose focus on their studies
> Teenagers are starting to want more independence, and may not always accept advice from their parents, grandparents and siblings
> The content in the Secondary School syllabus is often difficult to understand and apply
> Secondary School students often dare not ask questions in class or after class because they are shy, or are afraid that their classmates or teacher might think they are not paying careful attention in class
> Difficulty in memorizing a lot of content, especially when some of the concepts are confusing
> Making careless mistakes when doing homework or taking important exams
> Unable to complete examination paper due to poor time management
Benefits of Engaging a Reliable Secondary School Tuition Teacher
Just when you have finished preparing for one quiz, there is another coming up in 2 weeks’ time. Every day, new homework assignments and projects are added to a never-ending to-do list.
You can keep up, but just barely. This is stressful, especially when you dread the day when you cannot finish your homework in time because you don’t have the answers to the questions that your teachers asked.
Worse, your classmates – who are in your class because you had previously been achieving similar grades to theirs – are able to get the answers right. Very discouraging.
Good Secondary School home tuition teachers will give you 1 to 1 attention, so that you can ask them how to solve those difficult homework and exam problems.
They already have a Bachelor’s (or are about to get one. Or they might have a Master’s or PhD in the subject that they are teaching you.
As they are experienced in teaching students in your academic level, they can easily and clearly explain to you what you need to know and do in order to gain much higher marks.
Your Secondary School home tutors would also have materials to share with you – whether they are exam or homework assignments from other schools, or recommendations to buy workbooks that are most suitable for you to practice on, in order to gain mastery of the tricky concepts.
With Secondary School home tuition, you can get instant clarification in concepts that are difficult to understand.
You can also receive customised lesson plans tailored to suit your unique learning style and understanding of the different Secondary School topics, so that you may better absorb the content and understand the concepts.
Your Secondary School private tuition teachers are very familiar with the latest MOE syllabus and exam requirements. They have been teaching for between 2 to over 30 years and can identify the areas that you should focus on, according to your grade targets and pace of learning.
Secondary School subjects can have content that is challenging for many students. Our Secondary School tuition teachers are experienced in teaching students at your academic level. They are familiar with the common misconceptions and mistakes made by Secondary School students.
Double-checking your answers is useful only if you know how to look out for the answers that the MOE really wants you to give.
Learn how to accurately analyze the questions, so that you can arrive at the answers that give you maximum marks.
Professional Secondary School tutors are able to show you how Secondary School concepts are applied when answering difficult exam questions.
You lost interest and became frustrated only because much of the syllabus did not make sense.
Once there is clarity and you are able to perform the simple and then the advanced tasks, your sense of achievement will lead you to better grades and even stronger mastery of English, Maths, Science, Chinese, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Principles of Accounting, Social Studies, Geography, History, Economics, Literature, Mother Tongue, Malay, and Tamil.
Many Secondary School students fear speaking up during lessons and asking questions due to their fear of being laughed at in class.
Secondary School 1 to 1 home tuition teachers will help students to have a better understanding of their lessons in school.
This gives them the confidence of answering questions when faced with unexpectedly challenging problems during school and national exams.
Our qualified Secondary School home tuition teachers are experienced and have thorough understanding of the common problems faced by Secondary School students.
They will be able to dissect difficult Secondary School topics into simpler concepts, and customize learning materials to improve students’ understanding of these topics.
Increase your ability to give the RIGHT answers that your school exams and GCE O Level exams require of you.
Hire the most reliable and professional Secondary School tutors, to help you succeed.
EFFECTIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL HOME TUITION
Topics Covered by Get Better Grades' Secondary School Tuition Teachers
Secondary School English/Chinese/Malay/Tamil Topics
Secondary School GCE O & N Level: Grammar, Vocabulary, Editing, Situational Writing, Continuous Writing, Comprehension, Summary Writing, Listening Comprehension, Oral Communication, Reading Aloud, Spoken Interaction, and all the most important concepts
CONSISTENT IMPROVEMENT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL SUBJECTS
Important Skills Taught By Get Better Grades' Secondary School Tuition Teachers
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SECONDARY SCHOOL TUITION TEACHER
Important Qualities to Look For In A Secondary School Tutor
- Our Secondary School tuition teachers range from current & former MOE teachers to undergraduate & graduated tutors (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD) majoring in the subject that you are seeking tuition for. Every tutor whose profile we will show you has a strong record of helping their students’ marks increase. They scored A’s for their own GCE O Level exams, and can teach you effective exam tips and techniques to achieve a quick boost to your grades
- To aid your selection, Get Better Grades will recommend only tutors who have relevant degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD) in the subjects they teach. Each tutor must also have a track record of helping their students’ grades improve
- The MOE changes the syllabus whenever there is a need to be current with industry/the economy’s needs, trends and developments
- These changes affect the Secondary School subject content – and importantly – the exam requirements and answer formats of E-Maths, A-Maths, English, Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Social Studies, Literature, Geography, History, Economics, Principles of Accounting, Chinese, Mother Tongue, Malay and Tamil
- It is crucial that the Secondary School private tuition teacher is familiar with the most updated syllabus, and that what they teach during tuition does not contradict what is taught in your child’s school
- When providing recommendations of carefully-shortlisted tuition teachers, Get Better Grades will describe the relevant teaching experience of our tutors to assure you of their abilities to help students at your level to progress academically, and achieve higher grades
- Homework is given by school teachers so that their students can practice what was taught in school. It is important to be up to date in doing your homework, so that you can internalize the content. When you hand in your homework, you will find out if you managed to correctly understand what was taught in school. Knowing this helps tremendously when you are revising content for your school exams and for the national exams. Revision is not useful if you are learning and re-learning the wrong concepts that you think are right. Giving your teacher the wrong answers will not help you gain higher marks
- Get Better Grades’ Secondary School tuition teachers are experienced and have strong knowledge of the exact skills and content that a student will need to excel in each of the chapters that you must master, in order to do well in your exams. Our tutors are also able to create personalized learning schedules, so that their students are able to understand, absorb and retain new knowledge, more efficiently and within a short period of time
- Our Secondary School tuition teachers are familiar with the newest MOE syllabus, and they have taught students at your academic level
- Get Better Grades accepts tutor applications only when the tuition teacher has a degree (or is in the process of obtaining a degree) in the subject that they teach. This is to ensure that the private tutor has the necessary knowledge and expertise to adequately teach the correct content as well as to help the student arrive at error-free answers when responding to important exam questions
- The syllabus, content and examination practices differ for each level of education
- For Secondary School students, many of them are frustrated with not being able to instinctively understand the content that is taught by their school teachers
- When providing recommendations of carefully-shortlisted tuition teachers, Get Better Grades will list the teaching experience of our tutors to assure you of their abilities to help students at your level to progress academically, and achieve higher grades
- Our Secondary School tuition teachers have between 2 to 30+ years of experience in teaching students who are often from different schools. These tutors have accumulated notes and past year papers that they can provide to you for additional practice. Some tutors also prepare mind maps, common questions and pitfalls in past year papers, as well as self-designed practices referenced from assessment books
- Get Better Grades will indicate if the tutor is able to provide materials and resources for their students, in our tutors’ profiles
- Students each have different starting points as well as grade goals. Some students want to consistently score an A, and some students are aiming to get a C or a B for their national exams. Your Secondary School tuition teacher will evaluate your learning needs, and will suggest workbooks and practice sheets that are most suitable for you so that you can master content that will help you quickly achieve your grade targets
- It is important that the Secondary School tuition teacher puts in the best effort when guiding and teaching you. A dedicated tuition teacher will ask pertinent questions in order to find out which areas you are struggling with. A committed tutor is punctual and rarely would suggest that the lesson has to be re-scheduled. Competent tutors have scored A in the subject(s) they are teaching when they took their GCE O Level exams, and they would have at least a Bachelor’s in the same subject that they are now teaching. This means that their professional knowledge of the subject(s) they are teaching can help you achieve better grades, whether you are in Sec 1 or in the graduating class of Sec 4
- When recommending tutors, Get Better Grades will facilitate communication between you and the tutor to ensure that both parties have a common understanding of expectations before confirming the tuition arrangements
- It is often the best for your child to continue with one good tutor if the tuition teacher is capable of teaching your child and has already built a connection with your child. This will ensure that your child can benefit the most from his/her lessons since the tutor will be more familiar with the weaknesses and strengths of your child and can work on them throughout the subsequent academic levels
- We show tutor profiles only when they had received good feedback from parents and students. The quality of the Secondary School tuition teacher is very important to your academic success
- Get Better Grades removes from our database the details of tutors who did not receive positive comments
IMPORTANCE OF GETTING GOOD SECONDARY SCHOOL TUITION
Education in Singapore can be overwhelming and stressful, whether you are striving to maintain an A grade, or want to avoid the risk of having weaker grades.
Just as hiring the right tutor can help you confidently achieve your grade objectives, engaging the wrong tutor can bring much misery when the student receives less than stellar grades at secondary school or national exams.
Secondary School subjects are the first important building blocks that students must master before they start to study even more challenging content when they reach Junior College or Polytechnic. Students in Secondary School need to take between 7 to 10 subjects, and it is not possible to do well in any of them if the student did not understand the content that was taught each year in the earlier Secondary School levels.
Getting accepted into a good Junior College or Polytechnic of your choice is a very competitive process. No matter what changes are made to the syllabus, curriculum, or exam requirements, as long as demand exceeds the supply of places in a school, the students will have to fight for that place – whether through academic grades or other skills that are considered by the MOE to be important for holistic development.
MOE teachers in Primary and Secondary School have to teach large class sizes. It is debatable whether smaller class sizes would truly help students when they are learning content that they are not familiar with, or have no interest in.
No matter what aptitude or academic talents a child has, it is important for every student to master Secondary School English, Mathematics, Science, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Social Studies, History, Geography, Literature, Economics, and Mother Tongue. This is not just for the sake of MOE requirements, but for one’s overall career aspirations, whether the student is aiming to earn a PhD, a Bachelor’s, or a Diploma at the polytechnic/ITE. In order to accomplish any of these goals, every student has to successfully complete Secondary School.
Feeling lost when encountering the Secondary 1 or Secondary 4 syllabus is not a viable option because the helplessness and weak grade will snowball and become worse with each month.
Parents who find and engage reliable Secondary School tuition teachers who are friendly, energetic, strict, knowledgeable and who can teach at the student’s learning pace are helping their child to be less frightened of each chapter of content that keeps getting progressively more and more difficult.
Start helping your child today, to master skills so that they can confidently conquer learning material that is guaranteed to be even more challenging when the major exams are approaching.
Singapore's Largest Team Of 19,600+ Experienced Tuition Teachers Who Specialize In Teaching Only Secondary School Subjects
Hire The Best Secondary School Tuition Teachers. Improve Your Grades Within The First Month
Start Secondary School Tuition at the convenience of your own home, now. Get Better Grades provides Secondary School Home Tuition Teachers all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today, with us
Get Better Grades - The Number 1 Best Secondary School Tuition Agency in Singapore
Get Better Grades has a large pool of 19,600+ experienced and skilled Secondary School tuition teachers who have helped their students achieve a jump of 2 to 3 grades. Some secondary school students managed to score distinctions despite previous failing marks.
Experience a transformation in your Secondary School grades, now.
Acquiring a stronger foundation in Secondary School subjects is possible, when you hire committed, caring and professional tuition teachers.
Confidently find the best quality Secondary School tuition teachers through Get Better Grades today.
Pick your ideal tutor from the 4 to 10 tuition teacher profiles that we will show you, and begin achieving better grades (and start a much happier educational journey) within this month.
31,000+ Experienced Tutors. Current/Former MOE Teachers, Secondary School Tutors With Proven Track Records, PhD/Master's/Post-Doctoral Tutors, Graduated/Undergraduate Dependable Tuition Teachers
We Prepare You For The Difficult & Challenging Exams
Get Better Grades Tuition Assignments
Hire the best tutors in Singapore
Get Better Grades
Improve your grades in just a few lessons with our awesome tutors